Sunday, February 19, 2006

How does Globalization Affect Us?

There have been so many times where I have heard someone say: "yeah but how does this affect me" or "how can I use this in real life" or just "who cares?" Personally, I think geography and what we are learning about globalization is really interesting, but it makes even a bigger impact for me when I can see where it will affect me. This site sums up a lot of the impacts that technology is making on the student and education. Test material and curriculum is changing from just basic memorization of facts and formulas to how we can apply ideas and concepts. Colleges and Universities are giving out more scholarships to students who are going into technical fields like engineering and computers. Many students will become more specialized. There is a greater need for qualified teachers and many students or younger teachers are being hired for the job because of their knowledge in technology. Technology fields continue to grow and this is definitely affecting us as students. To read about more changes in education through technology go to this link: http://www.ofb.net/~lisa/education.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home