Saturday, March 04, 2006

Choropleth Map of the United States

After learning about Choropleth maps I found them to be pretty interesting. I did a google search on them and found an interesting one of the United States and the average age in the various states. The map isn’t exactly the way I though t it might be but there are some predictable trends. The fact that Florida consists of a more elderly population is predictable because many people move there around retirement age. One thing I didn’t expect was for Arizona and Colorado to have such a low age average because I think a lot of people go there to retire too, but that must be a stereotype. Overall looking at the map though it is pretty interesting just to look at.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, March 05, 2006 8:36:00 PM, Blogger Kevin Hurd said...

I too wasn't able to load this map so I did a search for chlorepleth maps as well. I found an interesting one that outlines the number of Wal-Mart stores per state. Both coasts has the highest number and the lower midwest had the least. I think it is interesting to see where America's #1 retail giant is selling the most. I think obviously this number is higher on the East and West, specifically California and New York because these states house the most people.

Wal-Mart

 

Post a Comment

<< Home