Sunday, May 21, 2006

Twins Stadium

This doesn't have a ton to do with much more than our state, but I figured in some way or another it will affect us all. The Twins new stadium was approved today which means NEW STADIUM! and more taxes for us to pay. Just thought it was interesting, and funny at the same time how many people in this state who couldn't care less about baseball are going to end up paying the money to support it, but that's taxes for ya. For some reason it will never allow me to link, so here is the webpage; http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-twins-ballpark&prov=ap&type=lgns

1 Comments:

At Sunday, May 21, 2006 8:34:00 PM, Blogger Kevin Hurd said...

I couldn't get the article to load, but I have heard several things about this is the news as well. Being a big Twins fan, I think this is someting great that our lawmakers have accomplished. I'm really glad they've come to an approval because I'm sick of hearing all the news coverage about it. It's about time they figured something out. I can't wait to enjoy a New Twins stadium once it is built. However, one mistake I believe is true is that the poster of this says that it will be costing taxpayers, including us. True that it will cost taxpayers, however I believe that the tax will be a sales tax that is only used in Hennepin County, meaning we wouldn't be helping to pay unless we visted Hennepin County to purchase something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home