Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Iraq: Stay or Get out?

Since we were studying and reading about the different things we could do about the war in Iraq, I decided to do some more research about the subject. I thought statistics would be the best thing that would sway peoples opinions to doing one thing or another. Honestly, I am not sure if I am for or against us being in Iraq for so long. There are many different arguments and points brought up that could be big parts of why some people have the opinions they do about the subject. I read that by being in Iraq our security and focus on the United States has gotten worse, this demonstrated by how Hurricane Katrina was handled. From the website, I read that there have been over 17, 000 soldiers killed since the war began. This is astonishing because those are only the reported deaths, and estimates of total actual deaths are much higher. I have also heard that some civilians in Iraq really think they need our help in order to succeed. I don't know what the answer to the problem is, so you take a look at the website and decide what the right choice may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home