Saturday, September 23, 2006

Is Osama Dead?

A French newspaper published an article proposing that Osama bin Laden died of Typhoid last month. Osama was rumored to have come down with a sickness sometime in the last month, and the French newspaper stated that the French Secret Service recieved information from the Saudi Secret Service that bin Laden is dead. However, these reports were quickly denied by both French and American officials. Even French President Jacques Chirac stated that he did not know how the paper got information stating this, but that it was most likely not true. Time magazine did report information from one Saudi source last Sunday, stating that Osama did get a disease and may be dead, however, the article did say that this report did not have solid evidence of being true. This report wasn't the first time bin Laden had been rumored to be dead. It seems to me like every week or two, someone is trying to make up stories linking to Osama being killed. I find it very hard to believe anyone's stories anymore, just because people are trying to come up with any way to make a believable story (even if the story is untrue). I guess the only way that I will believe that Osama has been killed or captured, is when I see actual footage of the man. I think that it is very unfotunate that I cannot trust the media anymore, it seems like everything that I read is twisted to make it sound different, or it is just completely untrue to begin with. I wish that I could believe these reports of Osama's death, however, there is very little doubt in my mind that these reports are false.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home