Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Missing Fighter Pilot in Iraq

The U.S. military announced today that a fighter pilot shot down yesterday has still not been found. The fighter was on a strafing mission about 20 miles northwest of Baghdad, when it reportedly began flying eratically before crashing nose down. Other planes nearby reported that there were insurgents in the area, and the pilot was not found at the crash site. The military has no confirmation on whether the pilot is alive or dead. Al-Jazeera released a video with what is believed to be some of the wreckage.
I think that the most scary thing about this article is the fact that I had not heard anything about it until I started doing some research for this blog. This makes me wonder if there have been more incidents like this that I have not heard about. Now, it may just be unlucky that I had not heard about this before I wrote the blog, however, it seems that a story like this would be all over the news. Unfortunately, I find it very unlikely that the pilot is still alive, because it seems like the insurgents always release videos right away if they get a hostage. The fact that no one from the U.S. military has recieved any confirmation of his status or whereabouts makes me feel less optimistic. I just hope that the United States is doing everything they can to find him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home