Thursday, February 02, 2006

Revolt Against the Crossword Puzzles

Before I begin, I would like to preface this post by informing all of you that in no way am I insulting the teaching methods or abilities of anyone, nor am I attempting to rebel for rebellion's sake. I am simply upset with a certain part of our curriculum, and I'm mildly curious to know what it has to do with the rest of our class.

I am not doing the crossword puzzle that Mrs. Hartman has assigned to her fourth block College Geography class. I just did the first eight of the words, and I simply refuse to do anymore. This is, in simplified terms, outrageous. Firstly, I have been informed by a student of Mrs. Hartman's second block class that this puzzle was not assigned to their class. Fair? I beg to differ. Secondly, I find the crossword unnecessarily difficult, and do not believe that this is an assignment that could be reasonably completed in two days. Thirdly, I hardly see how this fits into the rest of our curriculum. How does this help us learn about globalization? Or, for that matter, how does it teach us anything at all?

With a huge load of homework and extensive work for extra-curricular activities, I find myself with little time for such trivialities as crossword puzzles. I took College Geography because I wished to attend a challenging class that would inform me about the geographical aspects of our world, not to play games. If I wanted to "logically stretch my mind", I would do so on a Sunday morning at breakfast. I just don't want to waste my time on this bunk while I have much more invigorating and informative work to do.

I know that Mrs. Hartman will be able to find out who I am, and I fully accept the responsibilities for the action I am taking. Just so you know, I'm not trying to make a martyr of myself, so if you would please keep whatever reprimands you wish to bestow upon me private Mrs. Hartman, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

--Freddy Four-Fingers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home