Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Negativity and the Many, Many Emo Kids

America contains many groups of people who aren't just discontent with reality, they're pretty furious about it. They're a powerful force, making up a significant percent of American youth and some adults in their thirties. Most are mad at our society, some are angry about the world at large, and fewer still hate reality itself. The majority I first mentioned would probably fit into the category "emo". The next group could be termed "goths", although some of those are just overly loud emos. The last are the true goths, and could perhaps be called "ultra goths". All of these people will one day fill roles in our economic and political structure. I'm quite curious about how other people view the various negativity driven people of our society.

OH SNAP! Did he just write what I think he did!?

Yes, that's right, I'm asking you to take a step out of your comfort zone and make a real comment about a real and near group of people; right, wrong, positive, or negative. I don't care, just please post sincerely and think about what you type before you do so. I, nor anyone else, will call you stupid or assault your comment. I myself would have once been considered an ultra goth if I had even known about the group back then, but now I regard all groups I just described with a mixture of amusement, contempt, sympathy, and empathy. Yeah, it's possible to feel all that at once.

But please, for the love of God, post.
Post in a real fashion. Post well.
I pray to the god of geography for a list of comments over 15 long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home