Sunday, March 19, 2006

War In Iraq

I came across an article on the St. Cloud Times website that came from the USA Today about the war. It stated that 6 in 10 American people have known a person who has served in Iraq. We lose money everyday that we are there. The article continues to go on stating that this war has greatly hurt us, while improving Iraq in the other direction. In my personal opinion, I think that we are wasting so much money on military power, and wasting lives. I wish that everyone would come home safely, but our countries fate is up to our president, and the choice to go to war was his decision. I just found it interesting that even though the Republicans tend to control the media, this article seemed anti-war.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:55:00 PM, Blogger Kevin Hurd said...

I actually disagree with you slightly on this article. First, I believe that the liberal tends to control today's media, especially television. The main networks (ABC, NBC, AND CBS) usually have fallen more liberal as well as cable networks CNN and MSNBC. Fox News has the image of being fair and balanced, but they are often tagged as a republican/conservative network. Despite this fact, I agree that we are spending a lot of money in Iraq right now and perhaps being the "police dogs" of the world a little to much. Because of terrorism and globalization as well, it is necessary for us to be a part of the world, but I believe the extent that we sometimes go to is a little much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home